scroll
Arr.:
Dep.:

Wine-cellar of the Hotel Steiner near Bozen / Bolzano, South Tyrol

Steiner Wine-Cellar

The place to celebrate!
As far back as the 1980s, the Steiner Wine-Cellar was already one of the most widely-known dance halls in South Tyrol. Today, it's a stylishly furnished wine-cellar – the perfect place for family parties or class reunions, company events, or buffets. It offers enough room for approx. 70 persons and features a small dance floor. By reservation, the Steiner Wine-Cellar can be opened for groups of 20 persons or more.

Enjoy just sitting with friends - or celebrate "Törggele," the quaint South Tyrolean custom of stopping in a various informal inns for a hearty snack and good wine. When the harvest season draws to a close, in the autumn, a big feast is prepared and celebrated in style. "Törggele" is especially widespread in the wine-growing areas of South Tyrol. Homemade specialties including sour kraut, smokes sausages, "Schlutzkrapfen" (Tyrolean ravioli), dumplings, jelly rolls, and roasted chestnuts are served up with new local wine. With the right music, a fun-filled evening of merriment is guaranteed!

Do you "speak wine?"

Once a week, Junior Manager Claudia, an experienced sommelier, will invite you into the Steiner Cellar for a wine-tasting. You'll be taught the most-important terms and concepts concerning grapes, wine-growing, and wine-making and – most importantly – learn what make a wine "good." South Tyrol is a relatively small wine-growing area, but displays a remarkable degree of diversity. The white varieties like Pinot Grigio, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Blanc, and Chardonnay account for 55% of the total acreage under cultivation. Red wines such as Vernatsch, Lagrein, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Cabernet Franc are responsible for the remaining 45%. Here you can sniff, sip, and appreciate wine to your heart's content!

Hotel Steiner

Kennedy Street 32/34
39055 Laives (BZ)
South Tyrol - Italy

info@hotelsteiner.com

T. +39 0471 954225



Order gift coupon


Current weather

Steiner Camping



Discover also Steiner Camping-Park.
VAT-No. IT02517080210